RESPONSIBLE TO: Senior IT Technician & Hub IT Manger
SALARY: Grade 6
HOURS: Full time: Monday to Friday, 37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year. Based at Martin
High School, Anstey. Requirement to travel between Trust academies
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
Support and maintenance of ICT systems, including the installation of ICT hardware/software and end user support.
- Installation and maintenance of the schools IT estate covering both hardware and software
- Provide 1st and 2nd line support to staff, students and parents via face-to-face, telephone and email communication.
- Investigate, analyse, evaluate and resolve problems with ICT equipment and systems; implement repairs if necessary and update relevant ticketing systems.
- Ensure that all documentation is updated in line with department processes.
- Ensure that the Trusts IT hardware and software inventory is accurately maintained.
- Use industry standard imaging/deployment tools
- Support out of hours events on a rota basis
- Visit other schools in the Trust to provide support as required
- Perform any other duties and tasks which may be assigned by the Senior IT Technician & Hub IT Manger.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Windows Operating Systems
- Good knowledge of Microsoft products especially the latest version of Office
- Good knowledge of IT hardware including PCs, Laptops, projectors, printers, interactive devices and mobile devices
- Basic understanding of networking technologies/protocols
- A willingness to undertake formal training to obtain the necessary skills and knowledge for the role
- Good written, verbal, communication and numeracy skills
- Ability to relate positively to young people.
- Organisational and time management skills sufficient to prioritise a wide range of immediate and longer term demands.
- Ability to listen to the IT needs of staff and students and to respond helpfully with relevant advice, training and equipment.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- A flexible approach
- An interest in Apple Systems and OSX Software
- An interest in tablet devices and how they can be used in an educational environment.
- Previous experience of supporting Capita SIMS
- Previous support experience in an educational setting
- A willingness to undertake continued professional development to obtain the necessary skills and knowledge for the role
Closing Date: 9am Friday 21st May 2021
Interview Date: Thursday 27th May 2021